Thread: D series Power
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2004, 06:46 PM   #21
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_Tengoku
12.8's huh? Well most tracks correct for altitude. I seriously doubt a turbo'd D can run low 12's with just what approximately 200 WHP? Unless they are cutting some serious 60 foots with a crazy suspension. U see your RPM issue u are talking u need to take into consideration the gearing differences. Lets just face it. The Z6 tranny is horribly geared. 110 MPH in third gear! I had a Z6 tranny on my car. I know how horribly geared they are. Please. As far as all the money he spent. Well woulda, coulda, not gone with some of the parts. But u know what he did. We are talking about what he did do. Not what he didnt do. I was just saying I can go faster with an all-motor H22 for cheaper. Yes u are right about the dyno issues, about not being a very good argument. Thats not the first time I have heard that either. Did u know if u use the GSR ECU a Prelude will actually run faster ET's? It will. It just has an issue with drivability cuz its got a low fuel curve tunning issue.
This is exactly the problem with Dynos. They arent a very good effective way to tell how fast the car is. BTW have u ever noticed that an All-motor car making the exact same amount of horsepower as a boosted engine, the all-motor car will always come out on top? Its strange, and it shouldnt really happen cuz the boosted car should kill it in the torque region. But it does. once again dynos really dont tell much when it comes to ET's.

if your z6 topped out at 110 in third then you dont have a z6 tranny or you have really big wheels, since a z6 tranny tops out at 90mph in 3rd. i dont know what tracks you've been to but the ones here in az dont correct for altitude, people always go up to phoenix which is about 1000ft lower just to get better times.

why do you keep saying a dyno isnt gonna tell you what the car is capagle of running? anybody with common sense knows that peak #'s dont tell crap, thats why they look at the whole chart.

have you seen a n/a b16 race a boosted 160hp d civic? the boosted d civic wins everytime.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote