View Single Post
Old 01-12-2003, 12:44 AM   #10
Sol's Eye

Okay, I will take a crack at this. After all, I just disassembled one door and mixed and matched parts to make a complete door for my car.

When I put the window in the new door, it was too high. So I had to adjust it. I didn't quite understand your question, but it seems like you have a similar problem. Now, in order to do this, it will take a lot of work, and time, but this is how I fixed mine.

First, remove the interior of your door. It is held in by fourscrews (one right above the hinge, one on the interior side close to it, one behind the handle, and one inside the grey door lock/opening handle). Unscrew these. Now your door is just held on with these little clamp things, so just pull it off (you won't damage anything). Slide the interior out.

If you look down the edge of the window, you will see two white or grey pieces with small white knobs on them. They will be wedged down in the door. On the interior of the door below them, you will see two nuts (one on each). Loosen these nuts, and it will allow you to adjust the little piece up or down. This piece determines how high the window rolls up. If your window is too high, move them down. If it is too low, move the pieces up.

I will try to get some of the pics I took during the installation process, though I don't know how much help they will be. And I will also try to find pics of the pieces I am talking about. I had one extra, but I may have left it back at home. I will see what I can get posted. If this doesn't work, or you need something else, let me know. I just tore apart my whole door and know how all the power window stuff works and where everything is mounted.

Good luck!