View Single Post
Old 10-20-2002, 06:02 PM   #57
Mike98Neon

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude
$4000= turbo kit, cams, new head gasket. that would be 12 seconds, cause i can run 12psi then on pump gas safly. dont say family sedan crap man, keep the argument fair. you cant "own all our hondas" but exclude me cause i have a sports coupe.civic owners know they dont have the fastest cars on earth, and they modify them to be faster. owning a neon i'd think you would have a bit more knowladge of how slow cars can be made fast. you are proving to me that you dont. just remeber as fast as you wana make your car, for the same money, mine will be faster.

What I don't understand is why you're all bent out of shape over the argument in the first place. Why am I a moron for A. Owning a neon. B. wanting to make an all motor 12 second car. I never wanted to exclude your prelude from the whole bit. What I am saying is that when comparing a compact sedan (civic) to a compact sedan (neon). The neon walks all over the competition at each and every level of competition. Also the neons could give a very good run for the money on much more expensive cars, such as: The Prelude (comparing the same years) and the mustang and the camaro and a myriad of other cars, sometimes costing up to $10,000 more. Neons were designed from the beginning from Chrysler to do 2 things. 1. Be the roomiest affordable compact car in the market. 2. Be a serious contender for the scca grassroots road racing segment. Both of which have done very well. The Civic on the other hand was designed to be a fairly inexpensive compact commuter car that only became popular because of the fuel crunch of the mid 70's. The accord CVCC appeard in 1976 and I beleive the civic CVCC appeared in 1977. They boasted mpg ratings of over 46mpg and 68hp My 150hp expresso gets 46mpg with all the modifications I've done to it (which isn't much) What I find hilarious is that some of you folks can't stomach the facts and retort with "X cars are/look gay" then have the rest of the ones who are ignorant say "yah they do!" 4thgenlude, you're one of the few (from what Ive read so far) have a decent head on your shoulders and don't seem to spout off tons of ignorant garbage. What about your time slips and modifications to your car? I'd like to know. best e.t.?