View Single Post
Old 05-01-2003, 03:55 PM   #58
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by CorradoFan
Yep. You can get a "stage IV" kit for a g60 motor for about $500, and that will include a chip, cam, fpr, pulley, and some other good stuff too. That'll put you at maybe 180 hp at the wheels, and the other $500 in stuff will get you near 200.

Considering that these cars dyno at about 135 hp to the wheels stock, IMHO 65 whp for a grand isn't too bad.

Tons of people are not impressed by the g60 motor, in a way it's too bad - very understandable though, there's *very* little information about them available, yet there's an incredibly fanatical almost underground following for them. They're potent in the right hands, but take some special knowledge and care that the average VW guy wouldn't have.

hey bro thanks for the info, its glad to see some people come on here not to troll and throw around extreme numbers, but to offer some useful insight... im always up to learn more about the opposition

and 65whp is pretty damn good

http://www.autotech.com/qchip.htm

yea autotech has some kits for it, i wonder if these come with the gaskets for the cam install though, and i really wouldnt leave a stock valvetrain with upgraded cam

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote