View Single Post
Old 08-21-2002, 02:15 PM   #25
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by quik
I think your headed in the right direction. Forget the header, Honda makes great exhaust manifolds for what your doing with the car. But, they sound like crap, so get a good cat back system or else you'll be BUZZZZZZING around town with some cheap a$$ exhaust . Forget the pullies, especially if your gonna run some big WATTS in the stereo and dorn't forget that dash melting TXs heat. If you want some cheap HP, convert your power steering to manual (loop the pump input and output, and the rack input and output then remove all access parts).

Oh, and never run 3" exhaust on a 6 cyl or a 4 cyl unless your boosted. The loss in exhaust gas velocities will kill the gains from your header. I can't remember the precise #'s, but it's something like - 2" pipe on a 4 cyl, 2.5" on a 6 cyl, and 3" on a 8 cyl. It really goes by displacement, but like I said and can't remember the exact numbers.

Quik

I'm still working on the "good catback" system.....I want more options than just Apexi and Greddy....I'm starting to think more of maybe trying to get a Brullen.....for Remus I should get one of the guys at work to translate the German for me, the folks at Remus don't do a good job of it. For pipe diameter, though, I would hope that the exhaust companies would actually do some testing to ensure that the diameter piping they use maximizes gains.....but one never really knows.

My car's going to look and perform better before I'll be working on the tunes. My bro had a pretty large system in his '95 with NO problems running the pulleys, in fact his lights barely even dimmed....of course he had a monster capacitor as well. If the dash is gonna melt in TX heat, it's gonna melt no matter what I do to fix up the ride, no? Unless you are referring to underdriving the A/C, but the Tru Power pulleys don't underdrive the A/C anyways.

I've thought about ditching the PS.....anybody done that? I'd be worried that something in the steering system would fail if I did that.....not sure how much torque it's all designed to handle since it was designed to use PS. I don't just want it for power, I also think my steering wheel is just too easy to turn.....

b