View Single Post
Old 07-15-2004, 12:35 AM   #24
Matrix

Re: Prelude VS Mazdaspeed

Quote:
Originally posted by SFKing
well guys mazdas proteges have no such speed about them. turbo or not.

i raced my friend Chrises 04 Mazdaspeed Protege twice. first time i had him off the line and smoke him by 4 cars. second time, he took me off the line as i spunn out. he had at least 2 cars. i cuaght him in second and past him while shifting to third. beat him by 3-4 cars agian. he claims is clutch is shitty. but i had a friend who dorve it before the races and he siad it was fine.

my record stands at 6-1. and for all you people who agianst "street races". we did this at a track.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.... I've got a few issues with your post, and not just because I own a MazdaSpeed Protege.

First off, on a purely technical issue, there is no such thing as a 2004 MazdaSpeed Protege. Uh-oh.

Secondly, I seriously wonder if your friend knows how to drive the car. I have beaten several H22a Preludes, although they were admittedly close races (within 2 car lengths). You know, it's pretty easy to dismiss a particular car model as slow just because you beat one. I've beaten ludes and I don't consider them slow cars at all. And my MS Protege is bone stock.

Thirdly, did your friend have any mods at all? Also, did he get the computer "re-flashed" from the dealership? There was a technical service bulletin because of a glitch in the management program that made these cars run extremely rich from the factory, resulting in hesitation and very rough acceleration.

Well, keep it safe and good luck in your future races.