Thread: Corvette
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2002, 09:37 PM   #62
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

guys remember, in 1/4 mile your 60-ft matter soo soo much, a rwd fast car and be deep in the 1.xx's while a fwd will bairly break 2.0 so a fwd running a 13.5 and a rwd running a 13.5 (just making up numbers) they will have different 60 ft's and the rwd will ALWAYS win, considering same conditions. this means that the fwd import will have to pull harder and faster to make the same 1/4 mile time. i know that ls-1's are no joke, they haul, but its a 4000lb car a hatch is almost half that, maybe the motor puts half the power but power to weight ratios...... im not saying he will beat a corvette 1/4 mile, but from a roll, it is possible. you can flame me all you want, honestly i dont care, but all i know is my car can get up and go from a roll, considering i can drop into a good rpm, and if you read, jay d. em is saying it was a close race and if they went at the same time, he might have been able to beat him. h22's power is the upper rpms, i will honestly say i know not a whole lot about vette engines. a h22 engine in any car(expecialy anything besides a prelude) puts it on a different playing field than a civic with a stock engine. i wish the domestic guys could at least accept that a fwd 4 cylender can and may beat a v8. z0-6 is completly out of the question, those things battle super cars, but high 12's on a base c5 is kinda hard for me to take in.thats already close to super-car territory. i always was under the impression that z28's trans ams and whatnot ran high 13's (mainly cause one of my friends in a prelude running 13.8 can beat them) the ws6 trans am and SS ran low 13's along with the base c5 and the z0-6 was low 12's correct me if im wrong. i want the truthfull info. oh another thing, i was only saying i would think a hatch-h22 could hit 150 because i was pulling hard upto 135 when i let off, because of the less weight they have. once again i was guessing, i may be incorrect. i'll say it can pull hard upto 140 with confidence though

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.