View Single Post
Old 02-19-2002, 07:32 PM   #17
OneDopeTeg

ok guys...you want security...here it is....brandon has the right ideer....we all agree....but any true car thief is gunna stake a car out for maybe even a few days before he tries anything...just so he can see if you have any sorta pattern....so here is brandons ideer one step further....so ya got yer switch and its hidden somewhere....imagine the pattern that can be witnessed if everyday you stop yer car and reach down to the same spot....whats the first spot gunna be for a thief to look when they figure out the car wont start? They are goin right where you keep goin eveytime you stop the car....and voila....they find a switch....*flip*....presto....car=gone! So i say wire up like 4 unlighted switches in series and mount them in full view somewhere....but when you mount them....mount a certain number of them "upside down" in relation to the others....so this way when ya stop the car you flip all the switches so they all face the same way (some will be on and some wont)...thief gets in and thinks to flip them all (reverses them....still some are on and some are not)....only you will know the combination of up and down to flip the switches in order to make the car start....and im no mathematical whiz but with four switches the chances of a thief getting the right combo are like 1 in 60+ making it a long process to sit there and try to figure it out....bottom line....to a thief its not worth it....they will move on....for added saftey....make two switches cut the fuel and two cut the ignition! Just my two pennies....works for me