View Single Post
Old 08-26-2004, 05:50 AM   #4
thermal
Banning Machine

There are A/C compatible manifolds out there such as the ones from MAXREV and GReddy. The only thing is, when it comes to turbo flanges, you must go as generic as possible. So I would recommend a MAXREV or any manifold that will flange into a T3 turbine housing. Believe it or not, most manifolds out there for a Honda will have a T3 flange. So this should get you on the right track if you decide to get a T3. I'll keep an eye for one... i'll let you know.

It really depends on the power band that you seek. I like the T3 super60 on Y8 or Z6 motors the best. The spool time is between 1200-1800 and full boost around 4000 depending on how you set your boost controller. If you just want improved streetability, do not go smaller than a TD04 mitsu/Trust turbos.

Yes, the difference between the SAFC and VAFC is the VTEC function. Both will work on your Y8. I dont understand what you mean about the cam thing that you are talking about. You can adjust the VTEC set-point and see your VTEC kick based on what RPM you have it set-up through the VAFC.

Hondata. S100 or S200 will be fine as long as you have the "boost" option included. The only difference on those are datalogging readiness. S200b (b=stands for boost) is datalogging ready while S100b is not. However, S100b can still be upgraded leter on through Hondata themselves. if you want laptop capability and tune your motor yourself, the S200b will get you closer to that option. You will still need more Hondata software and hardware for it tho. In order to run Hondata, you must convert to an OBD1 ECU. The cheapest is a P28.... 5 speed or auto. It doesnt matter since once Hondata remove the stock chip, they will replace that based on what you want to do. Then request to get the base map to compensate for your set-up..... So just tell them what set-up you have and they will burn you a chip for a base tune. THen later, have it dyno tune..... yes, S100b can still be dyno tuned. I say get the S200b tho... not much of a difference.

You really wont need that much flanges. The only 2 things that you'll need will be the exhaust side flange and BOV flange.

THis is it for now..... later mang..

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote