View Single Post
Old 10-28-2001, 11:31 PM   #50
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
Originally posted by civicbaby
... I understand that everyone has an opinion and that it has a right to be voiced...
Hairshirt
(Latin cilicium; French cilice).

A garment of rough cloth made from goats' hair and worn in the form of a shirt or as a girdle around the loins, by way of mortification and penance. During the early ages of Christianity the use of hair-cloth, as a means of bodily mortification and as an aid to the wearer in resisting temptations of the flesh.
Quote:
Anita Lienert, Lienert & Lienert, a Detroit-based automotive information services company.
I guess I’m lukewarm about the ['new'] Civic because it seems like the automotive equivalent of a hairshirt... and with competitors such as the Ford Focus, the Civic looks like it was designed by a bunch of bankers. No personality.

The Civic coupe is supposed to appeal to women and buyers under 30. I can’t imagine that they will flock to such a conservative design. Remember, these kids love tattoos and body piercing. How do you individualize a vehicle like the Civic?... When I talk to younger buyers, they’re all about getting online and redoing tires and wheels, stereo systems and such.

So basically, the Civic is good for you — and the environment — and it’s no fun. It won’t get you noticed. That’s why I think it’s only average and gave it two out of four stars.
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.