View Single Post
Old 10-28-2001, 01:16 PM   #48
Dezoris

Quote:
Originally posted by Big James
Obviously it is not sinking into your head. The Civic has never been the performance car. It has always been geared towards the same crowd it is now.

True, it is the "All new Civic" however it was the all new Civic in 92 and it was the all new Civic in 97. Every generation is touted as the all new Civic. Honda is simply taking the direction they were going with the Civic and continuing it. The Honda Civic has always been geared towards the Soccer Mom, and has always been an economy car. They will throw the perfromance folka a bone in a year ad bring the Si over.

Who cares if Honda is going to design other vehicles off of the chassis. They have done it before, and will continue to do it. That is smart marketing and smart design for them.

Every point you have tried to make is nothing new. I have known about this, as have you.

I am not trying to put a sock in your mouth as far as your feelings on the vhicle. However, like stated before, I do not approve of your ridicule of others for disagreeing with you. You are acting like a child. I don't know, maybe you still are a child. Even so, your behavior is uncalled for.

Oh and the cute name calling. I am touched.
The 92 and the 96 Civic have a different body, but still share the same suspension, motor and trans mounting points etc.
The new Civic was deliberately made into a multiplatform chassis, for economical reasons and it HAS hurt their sales. not smart!
Same reason GM has been hurting on some of their vehicles