View Single Post
Old 08-14-2002, 04:59 PM   #12
Niacin

This could get dangerous.

Neither group is *better* than any other. Why can't y'all just be enthusiasts, and enjoy modded cars for what they are, the investment of a person's time and cash into a vehicle that reflects that individual's choice of style?

I've got no problem with any car that's all tricked out. Some of them are really neat cars, with cool people behind the wheel who are proud of what they have. I may not personally care for that particular car, but I can respect the effort that goes into any car, be it a Camaro Z28 on 33" Super Swampers, a rusted-out El Camino with a $40k motor, or an Accord with $15k of body mod's and an air filter. Double admiration if they've done the work by themselves, b/c that means a lot more to me than slips or HP/TQ ratings.

Now, there's a second group, who are all about "getting respect" and "flossin' whips" and suffer from such personality disorders as a result that you couldn't get the time of day from them regardless of what you drive. I don't go for that crowd, and I try not to hang around them. And they don't just drive domestic, or imports, or Mustangs, or Kias, or whatnot.

Can't we all just get along?

Max