View Single Post
Old 04-23-2002, 03:57 PM   #7
black95gs-t

the sq will depend on what brands and models you are comparing. for instance, company A's coax speakers could sound better than company B's component speakers, but sound not so good when compared to other components. did i make any sence with that? i'm sorry about my bad explaining skills. and witht he components it depends on the brand and model, how quick you can ruin them. i mean if you get the top of the line focal or mb quart components, and run them off of your head unit's internal amp, they will sound crappy from the beginning. really i would get a pair of moderatly priced coax speakers, then when you want a mid/high amp, upgrade again. i know my way is more expencive, but its one of those things. while speakers are ment for several applications, really they are good for one or the other usually. ok prepare yourself for another patented bad example. wanting a good pair of components now for an amp later, or a good pair of coax now and an amp later is like trying to run a nascar in the 1/4 mile against a top fuel funny car, or a top fuel funny car in the daytona 500. while both are extremly fast in their own event, if you put them in a different event, they will not even be able to compete. basically what i'm tryin to say is you need different speakers for different applications. tell me if i need to try harder to explain.

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote