View Single Post
Old 12-04-2004, 10:40 PM   #16
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Yeah, I picked up my copy of the book at Boarders...or was it Waldon books(?) Either way...yes, chain stores will have it. If you cant find it, order it online @ Amazon. Its a very good book.

Honestly, for a lot of things, brands just hike the price (Headers it does matter, but we're not talking about that).
The price on the Apexi N1 cannister is just silly to me. Its just a fat cylinder...wheres the tech in that? If a muffler has some sort of dampening in it, it will not sound like shit; thats all that matters.

Think about it...whats an exhaust system?
Larger diameter piping than stock (mandrel bent), resonator, and a better flowing muffler.
It doesnt take $600 to make that...
If you pick up a long resonator and a decent muffler (not some fart can) any shop that does mandrel pipe bending and welding can whip you up a system for about 1/2 that; maybe less.

KTeller is just a place that sells stuff. They do bend the pipes, yes. But pipes are pipes, in this case. Everything else they sell is made by someone else...like any store.

Super Turbo is just a name. It doesnt HAVE to be an NA mod, but since its not straight through it doesnt flow as well, which adds backpressure for turbos. Its a quieter muffler because it has baffels inside and depending on the in/out may snake inside as well. Its an OLD design...that works. If you dont want that, I also suggest Magnaflow ovals. (you just want something that has some crap to make it quieter)
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote