View Single Post
Old 11-25-2002, 08:40 AM   #64
spoogenet

Your basing all of your responces on exceptions to the rule not the rule.

My point is no there is a VERY distinct difference between virgins and those who have had sex more than once or twice.

You are basing everything upon sex. Sure the title of the thread is "underage booty" but that doesn't relate to my question of whether an underage girl can date an older guy. Sex sex sex, is that all you think about?

So just what is the difference between virgins and those who have had sex more than once or twice? Is a 15-year-old girl who has had sex 20 times with her 15-year-old b/f still innocent when the 18-year-old guy falls in love or wants to date her for something other than sex?

If a 16 year old girl is like the ones your describing she IS that way because of either some guy or some family member. PERIOD.

You don't just wake up one morning a slam pig who wants to use her vagina to get what she wants (even if 1 in a million does that's not enough of a percentage to base your STANDARDS on.)

WHAT? I'd like you to go and tell those girls how you feel, I'd love to see the red handprint on your face when they slap the shit outta you for making baseless comments about them. Do you really think you know everybody well enough to claim such a thing?

I never said girls wake up one day knowing how to use sex as leverage, it's something that happens over time. When I was 16 I knew plenty of girls who wouldn't "put out" until their b/f did something, or to punish him, or for whatever varying "reasons" they had. Oh, and not one of the girls had ever dated a guy older than herself. Maybe they all had messed up family members as you propose, but my knowledge of their families is that they were fairly normal.

As far as it NOT being rape when a 15 year old girl doesn't have the gumption or confidence or whatever to say no... YOUR TOTALLY WRONG. that's why statutory rape charges exist... because while SOME 15 year olds are ready to take charge of a situation MOST are not.

I didn't say it wasn't rape.

If an 18 year old is too uncomfortable to say she doesn't want to have sex then yes it's her fault. if a 15 year old girl is too uncomfortable to tell her 15 year old bf then it's not really his fault. BUT if your over 18 and you have sex with a 15 year old and she didn't want to or didn't know how to stop the situation it's YOUR fault. She's 15 and assuming that she is making adult decisions is not your place. If you worked at a car dealership and she had cash in hand you wouldn't sell her a car.
1. because she's under the legal driving age
2. because YOU CAN NOT ENTER INTO A LEGAL CONTRACT WHILE YOU ARE UNDER 18 UNLESS YOU'VE BEEN IMMANCIPATED.

You base way too much of your argument on law. Let me spell it out for you. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE LAWS, I AM NOT CLAIMING IT IS LEGAL, I AM ONLY TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT IS SO WRONG WITH IT? Is that more readable? So it's presumed that an 18-year-old guy should know a 15-year-old girl isn't capable of making a good decision on whether to have sex, but a 15-year-old guy isn't supposed to know so it's okay for him to have sex with the girl if she doesn't really want to, so long as she doesn't say no? So then if a 15-year-old girl makes a rape claim against her same-aged b/f then who is at fault? I do not know, hence my question.

And Ds.... Come on have you ever dated a guy that you KNEW you would NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES have sex with??

If yes then that's just patronizing and worse for the guy. If you think your doing him a favour your wrong.

I have dated girls I knew I wouldn't have sex with, well I can't say never but I knew I wouldn't have sex with for a very long time (translation, many years). I know lots of people who just date and don't plan on turning it into a relationship, hence no possibility of sex. My guess is that D's comment with "under any circumstances" was probably an exaggeration, but I'm not sure.

But plenty of people date just for the fun of dating, it's not all just to have sex or get married. There's nothing wrong with it, especially if people are upfront about it from the beginning.

We give learner's permits to 15-year-olds and give licenses to 16-year-olds. Driving a car has a far larger impact on the world than having sex with a person or two. My guess is that you would feel that we shouldn't give out driving priviledges to anybody under the age of 18, is that correct?

To sum up my opinions:

15-18 year olds aren't nearly as innocent as you believe. Teenagers who like sex don't just like it because they were screwed by some older dirty bastard or come from messed up families. The law has nothing to do with philosophy. Dating doesn't imply sex for everybody.

Obviously you have a very different opinion on teenagers than I have, thus we will never come to any agreement. Anyhow, I don't see anything innately wrong with an 18-year-old guy dating a 15-year-old girl. Legally, sure there are problems. Parents could be a problem. Not taking her to certain places could be a problem. But all those aside, I don't see what's truly wrong with it. 15-year-olds are much more capable than most adults give them credit for. Part of their immature behavior is actually rooted in just that. Sure they aren't as mature or socially capable as older individuals, but they're not a bunch of mindless zombies who aren't capable of making rational decisions based on logic and reason. Not all teenagers understand emotions all that well but lots of them do. Lots of adults don't even understand the difference between love and lust, plenty of adults have sex and later say they regret it just the same as teenagers do. I type too much and I have work to do......

b