View Single Post
Old 11-23-2002, 01:26 PM   #47
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
The thing that troubles me the most about this thread is not the fact of an age difference and whether it's socially/morally/legally acceptable....but the fact that you guys all use the word "dating" synomymously with "having sex". I'm sorry but if I go out on date with a guy, no where in my mind at any point of the night am I thinking "We're gonna have sex tonight thats why we're out on this date". If I'm dating a guy, I'm doing just that DATING him. We're goin out to dinner, to see movies, to the park, shootin pool, whatever...we're not having sex. If I'm F**KING some guy then we're doing just that f**king. These words DO NOT mean the same thing. Maybe it's the fact of a gender difference and thats why there is a different meaning to these words. But by girls/women not knowing that you males think that dating=sex, thats when the issue of rape could come into play with an "adult" (someone 18+) "dating" (as you males would use the word) an "adolescent" (someone >18).

No most people dont have sex on their first dates d, but often one date leads to another and you start "seeing" this girl now she is your gf and often you end up sleeping with your gf. Granted alot of people have bf/gf relationships and never get as far as sleeping together and thats fine. I was refering to the inevatable (sp?) stage in a relationship where one or both parenters what to sleep with eachother.

I too have been on dates that never lead to sex, and I wouldn't have wanted it to go that route. I hear ya but i think you might have taken what i said the wrong way and maybe thats because I gave the inpression that first date=sex and it does.

blah thats enough talk about sex for me to day... grr