View Single Post
Old 11-23-2002, 03:12 AM   #43
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
[b]Originally posted by spoogenet

"NOTE: I'm not advocating guys chase after young girls, I'm especially not advocating getting tied up with the law, I just think the law and many people's opinions in this case (as many others) aren't based upon any good solid evidence or reason other than perception and opinion. "

Good solid evidence... how about growing up being friends with girls MY OWN AGE. doing nothing but complaining about being RAPED... DATE RAPED... MADE TO FEEL FORCED INTO A SITUATION THEY'RE UNCOMFORTABLE IN... UNABLE TO FEND OFF UNWANTED ATTENTION.

I know a girl who was a freshman when she banged a senior who I was friends with (this girl was stacked like an 18 year old and had been with guys in the past.) he banged her with no ill intentions he REALLY liked her. She broke into tears afterwords and wouldn't tell him why... I found out from her later it was because she had no idea why she had sex with him... she didn't like him.. it just made her feel good to have him like her... once he started kissing her she felt too uncomfortable to say stop. so she ends up feeling raped helpless and like a slut.

Man...this troubles me. You'll have a hard time getting through life not knowing someone who's been raped...statistically 1 in 3 women will be sexually assaulted in their lifetime. But women or girls too weak to fend off the advances of a man (unless he uses physical force) have deeper emotional issues than a perceived rape. If a woman or girl feels "uncomfortable", it's their duty to remove themselves from that situation. The excuse of "I didn't want to but did anyway" doesn't fly worth sh!t. I don't want to go to work but I do anyway...does that make me a victim of slavery? The girl you referenced obviously has some self esteem problems and will take any sort of "love" in any form she can. This is, of course, based on your limited description, but I'd feel fairly confident saying she had deeper problems than banging some guy she "didn't like". Rape is a serious accusation my friend...and not one of perception but of physical force and domination. Also, I don't know where you grew up, but there wasn't a single person I knew in high school who wasn't every bit as mature as most 20 year olds. Saying that someone won't emotionally mature until 18 is crap. Most people don't manage to emotionally mature until they're middle aged. I was an still an immature bastard when I was 19 and my dad died...in one year I went from being 19 to about 30. It's a person by person basis and you can't claim all kids...guys or girls...under 18 aren't old enough to comprehend the outcome of their actions.

It's nothing personal man...I know that's your opinion and I respect that. I just think some of the basis you used to back your opinion up are a bit flawed. And I don't in any way advocate hitting on or sleeping with underaged girls, but some guys on this board are still pretty young. Is it wrong for an 18 year old to bang a 16 year old if they're both consenting? Probably not. For guys like me it would be...but then again I'm not ****ing 16 year olds. Actually, all of my girlfriends have been (on average) about a year OLDER than me. Just my $1.02
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote