Thread: Ie 7.0
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 02:07 PM   #15
Robert
R-Tard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40FIED
They should be intimidating, complex machines that people should learn how to use before bitching and whining about them.

I loved that.

You're right he does have a point. However you still have choices, there is apple, and build your own machine with linux. The reality is however MS has secured itself a serious market share and comes as a stanard OS on so many machines.

I think, to push the issue. If there was such a huge improvement with products other then IE people would use them. Example. When I heard firefox was that much faster then IE i tried it, and found it not to be faster and to have serious problems loading my fav sites. So I uninstalled it. I think alot more people try it and remove it then we'd like to think.

Now imagine this for a moment. MS OS's dont come with a web browser built in. YOu have your computer on the internet but cannot surf. What do consumers do then? They will look for an OS that has a browser built in. If for the simple point of surfing over to firefox downloads. My point is as the OS there is a minimum of 'free/included' software that must be provide. Pre-internet it was other softwares that no one complains about are provided.

Should MS remove any free games or say the calculator function? I'm sure there onces was a company who sold calculator software to the computer industry. I think what is more likely is teh fact people find MS to be such a big company its easy to hate it; its easy to make it unpersonal. HOwever this company has seriosuly advanced computers, made them easier to use and removed the need for the software company to own the computers that run their OS. From a business stand point its a wonderful case study.

If you do your research you'll find every company is borrowing/stealing ideas from eachother. IN a market place like this I find it amazing that MS has dominated the market place. I dont think all their products are the best they could be, and there is room for suppior products to compete. However I often find with those products they do not integrate will MS products. So I pick carefully.

Steve - very impressed with your replies, very balanced.

Last edited by Robert : 07-16-2006 at 02:16 PM.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote