View Single Post
Old 11-15-2001, 06:05 PM   #43
VicPreist

Quote:
Originally posted by insomniac

Well the thing is I like playing around with photos and this was one of the things that I really wanted to learn. Thats why I ask. If you could give me a the how to in a little bit more detail it would be great.

ok lets see here. so obviously you know some stuff in photoshop right? Prolly easiest way to do this, would be to get a simple picture of somthing w/o a lot of curves an stuff, an that has a high contrast to its backround. If the object your trying to select is mostly the same color, your gonna wana take your Magic Wand Tool, and click on the objects dominating color. Depending on how high you have your Tolorance, you may need to do some more detailed selecting. After everything is selected which you want to change, your gonna wana go to either Variatoins (make sure you use highlights, midtones, and shadows, not just midtones). If you have a darker color car, you would prolly need to use somthing other than variatoins (althoguht its worth a try). Now if your working with a dark car, but still has some color in it, you can use ur color balancing. But if your working with a mainly black car w/o texture or whatnot, i would go strait Channel Mixer. Now heres the big problem. As for the manual were gettin from this thread, i haven't seen it yet, but have spent some time with adobe books, and i would have to say that 75% of the crap you want to do, ur gona only figure it out by trying tings, and then undoing them and trying somthing else. I would have to say thats basically how i leanerd adobe.

This took about 1 minute using variations