View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 04:53 AM   #9
thermal
Banning Machine

I just received your PM. Welcome to the site.

First thing is first.

1) It is not advisable to run this kind of set-up if you are not turbo yet. Bigger injectors does not mean yielding more power nor better. This is going to run it so rich that you will bog almost on every RPM band..... even if you slow it down with the AFC. Yes you will see an improvement from the initial set-up but by any means, not necessarily better. Leaning out the DSM 450cc's via an AFC also directly advances your timing. You cannot individually control timing on AFC. The fuel map set-point on it equates to timing table dialing.

If you search the web, you will see that many people doesnt like this set-up cuz of the "part throttle issue" but it is decent with extra volume of air via force induction. The reason for that is, obvious, extra fuel and extra air compensates..... BUT timing suffers.

2) You have a 91 CRX which means that you already have a resistor box. You just have to tap it to that. How is that done? I dont know but go to www.homemadeturbo.com and search there.

3) about your PM question, now I understand basically what you were asking me. The answer is YES. Even if you are at WOT your motor will still suffer significantly since TPS is an input to fuel mapping.

I strongly advice to put stock injectors back on. If you think the ones you have bad, then get another set. You are better off with stock. Save those DSM 450cc's later.

One thing you have to keep in mind, even if you get an AFC to control the DSM's, who knows what the fuel map is on that "chipped" ECU. Just saying that it has a Skunk2 program is irrelevant. There are many so-called "Skunk2" program out there.

Goodluck

Do not "hack" the injectors without boost please. You might just damage your motor......

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote