View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 03:41 AM   #1
Daishi

I'm new, need major help

Hi everyone. The names Joe.

Long story short.. well shortened anyway. I own a 1988 Camaro. I am by no means a import basher just cause I drive a chevy.
Anyway, I am in the market for a Honda. I really like the 1992 Civic, Im not sure how long that body style was in production, but I like it. Anywho the reason I want a Honda is because they are sporty, have great gas milage, and still have the ability to go fast.

My Camaro is pushing 400 Horse, and just over 400 lbs torque.
(5.7L 350 SB)
I loveeeeee giving putting my foot down, but i can literally watch the gas gage go down after a few runs. So am I looking for a 1992 style civic, with an engine that will EASILY bomb me around town. I dont want something that has only 60HP cause I just won't like it. How much Horse is good for these cars?

My Camaro is 3200 lbs, and 400hp / 400 trq, feels fast. But how much do those little civics weigh? How much horse does it take to make it fast?? I am NOT a car Newb, I rebuilt my chevy myself. But i literally know hardly ANYTHING about imports.

I am looking to buy a Civic that already has some sort of body kit on it, maybe some rims, and a semi-fast engine. I do want gas milage tho..
Can someone point me in the direction of some reading? or maybe stats on various engines and such. Thanks everyone

Joe

EDIT: Also in the paper a guy has a 1992 Civic in exc cond, says it has a 1.5L in it. I havn't called him yet. But is the 1.5L anygood?