View Single Post
Old 10-25-2001, 09:19 AM   #32
Jason ESi-T

Del Sol kill....

Well, out of the vain of being on a honda's message board...there was this one dude who had a Del Sol with a B18 transplant. I guess he was feeling pretty confident so one evening as I was making a turn, I heard his very loud buzzy exhaust coming up behind me. I let him come up to my side and then downshifted to second. My rpm's flew up to about 4000 rpm's and my turbo started to mad spool. All I could hear was the loud whoosh sound even over his large 5" exhaust tip. His engine must have been revving as loud as 6-7000 rpm's becuase it was just screaming.

Anyhow, if any of you have ever been in a turbocharged car and felt the onset rush of boost as it throws you back, just as quickly as I downshifted, I tore a bout 4-5 car lengths in a matter of a couple of seconds. As we approached the stop light, he wouldn't even look over and quiuckly turned off.

Actually, he's turned out to be a pretty cool guy once I talked to him later on. I actually think it's pretty cool he did a whole engine transplant. But turbo power...there just doesn't seem to be an alternative to it for imports.