View Single Post
Old 12-18-2001, 02:59 AM   #4
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by BlazinCrx
Turbo is the way to go, you an also do an exhaust, cam gears, pulleys, nos, all kinds of stuff

An exhaust would be the only thing you could do that would be compatible, whatever direction you decide to go. The problem with an intake and header is that they would be discarded when the turbo arrived. If even if you decide to just go with a B16A swap, the header won't transfer- the exhaust ports are different. I believe the intake would still work, as the throttle body location would remain the same.

A turbo can be worked and improved upon, to a point. Eventually, you will reach the limits of your particular engine- at which point you will need to rebuild it. The D series internals are the weakest Honda makes. Sure, they can be upgraded, but it doesn't it make more sense to start with a stronger engine that has more potential, and build that up? I would do the swap to a B series engine first, and then do the turbo.

If you're interested in all motor, let me know. I can go on for days about that, too, but you seem more like the turbo type to me.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote