View Single Post
Old 10-02-2002, 01:50 AM   #27
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

It depends on which del sol you are going to buy. If you get the single cam del sol order a turbo kit for a 92-95 Civic, if you get the DOHC then you will have to order a kit for a newer civic SI. Make sure you shell out the extra 700$ for the front mount intercooler and also upgrade your fuel system if you want the car to run right.

Right now I can run up to ten psi of boost with no problems. I am running Arias pistons, total seal rings, a greddy 2mm headgasket, bbk fuel pump, aem fuel rail, venom injectors, b and m fuel pressure riser, apex vafc, zex sparkplugs.

If you are going to run the preset 5psi of boost then you really shouldn't have to worry about the fuel system, but might want to replace the headgasket and stuff to prepare the engine for boost. This also depends on how many miles the car has on it and it's maintenance history. There are so many things to factor in when deciding to turbocharge a daily driven car. You want it to be fast and reliable. Trust me, the upgrades might cost you some $$, but they will save you money and time in the long run.