Thread: Fragrance
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2004, 05:58 AM   #36
beanbandit

See this is a very open ended question because colognes and fragrences smell different dependent on person, so it is hard 2 make recommendations because what smells good on one individual may clash on another... Every individual gives off there own bodily scent ( And I'm talkin' the faint scent that distinguishes one person from another, not b-o ) and gives off different levels of pheromones... So fragrances are used as an enhancer 2 ones natural smell. As 4 myself I find that the 2 colognes that work best 4 me are CK One and Hugo Boss... they just work well with my chemistry... I have friends who have tried the Hugo Boss and it just didn't smell the same on them ( so neither use it )... Of course I use CK One the most often, I seem 2 have the most luck when attracting members of the opposite sex with CK One (and this will probably sound crazy 2 the guys but the CK One can be worn by either gender, so I think that that is its appeal... as crazy as it sounds women are generally drawn 2 more feminine smells - CK one has a very slight floral and citrus scent ) The biggest rule about cologne is this, don't be afraid 2 spend a little extra 4 good cologne... Cheap cologne is just that CHEAP!!! it evaporates quickly and never smells as good as a better cologne... and MOST IMPORTANTLY - DO NOT... I REPEAT... DO NOT GO OVERBOARD WHEN PUTTING ON YOUR SCENT... Bathing is intended 2 cleanse the body and make it smell clean... Cologne is just an accompaniment... When people begin wheezing, their eyes start watering, they go running 4 fresh air as you pass by, and they know that it is you approaching from over 100 yards away... that's a strong indicator that you are overdoing it!!! Remember a with a quality cologne, a little goes a long way... Now as females go, once again I point out not 2 over do it... I can't off the top of my head think of any one particular perfume that I prefer... Generally, I like something light... floral with a hint of fruitful scents is very feminine... I tend 2 like when women use a nicely scented body lotion from Bath and Bodyworks ( or the such ) over a heavy perfume... Not only does it make them smell absolutely fantastic, but makes their skin soft 2 the touch and sweet 2 the taste... Also I think the scents of body lotions tend 2 stay within fabric 4 a greater period of time... That is one of the greatest sensation of all, when you let the one you are with borrow an article of clothing ,and then when you get it back you place it on and can still smell their scent on it and all you can think about is them... That is fantastic, the only thing better is when they are there wrapped in your arms and you nestle your nose into their hair, enhaling the sweet aroma... aaaahhhh... the scent of a woman... there is nothing grander - Don Juan DeBandito