Thread: best subs out?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2002, 03:00 PM   #32
GSteg

Quote:
Originally posted by Sponjah
Do any of you know any other brands besides Kicker or Jl or RFG? Those are just run of the mill subs. If you want the best or something hand-crafted to your exact specs., get a BA Inhuman sub. The owner can build to the withstand 5-10k RMS! Plus they are not much more than a Kicker L7 15" Or even Brahma subs are a great choice. Enjoy your enlightment!

i was just about to say the same thing! also look into the elemental design. their k-series (presales end to day (sunday) ) has better sound quality and SQ than the kicker compVP, JL audio W3, blah blah blah. surely it won't compete with the W7, but thats what the SP series are for

i can also get my hands on the blueprint 1503 for only $175 (regular price is $239.99) they are basically the same as the Resonant Engineering HC series, but only come in 4ohm SVC. very loud sub.

i would never buy RF, unless they were the Power HX2. but for the same price (maybe a tad less), i can get a Lightning audio Storm that would kill the HX2 in SPL and SQ(well sounds better).

i would buy the JL W7, only if the price was half of its retailed price. great sub though. i don't know why so many people at my school think JL is god. this one guy has 2 W0's and thinks people always say that he has the best SQ system. the pioneers my friend has hits smoother and reproduces the frequencies the W0 would never do (well barely).

ah yes, the Kicker L7. what a great SPL and semi-SQ sub. how much do the 15's go for? the brahma should be a great match for it. they will take more gobs of power and sound better. and you know what? they'll even take small sealed box too!

i was visiting a BA dealer couple weeks ago and there was a customer who had a 10" inhuman installed in his car. quad coil with a JBL 1200.1 to each coil. it was in a big ported box tuned to 30hz. did i mention 4 spiders on that thing? so many people laughed at the guy saying his sub won't compete with the big buys like the JL W6 and kind of subs. well what did you know, this guy laid down a 154dB in his hatch. next plan is to get 8 Nakamichi PA-8001 amp and strap them together. should be seeing over 10K watts.

sorry for going off-topic