View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 08:31 AM   #2
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Yes.. I believe it's just better marketing. It's like everything else the more publicity, the more fans, the more fans, the more revenue and so on. You see UFC shit everywhere anymore. You even see UFC reality shows.

I agree with you, I'd much rather watch PRIDE then UFC and I've never even seen WCL (whats that tell you.) I love UFC when it first started.. Very few rules, just all out punishment. I wouldn't say that UFC is nearly as bad as Pro wrestling by a long shot, but it has definitely strayed away from what I enjoyed most.

As for why people cross train, it really boils down to being able to compete with different types of fighting styles. Most fighters learn different fighting styles, but still really excel in one particular one. If you are a boxer, then you want to stay on your feet and protect against the take down.. but you have to know how to defend it and counter it. I definitely wouldn't say that any of those fighters suck at all of the styles they fight in just because they don't focus on one particular fighting style. Sure they would probably be better at that one fighting style if they focused on that 100%.. But in my opinion, knowledge is power. It's better to be good at many things then great at one.