Thread: Debating.....
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2002, 10:07 AM   #14
JaY D. Em

Alrighty, as it seems, i'm the only one on here with an h22a in their hatch that posts regularly so i must leave my 2 cents...

As far as swaps go... By just dropping them in and i/h/e the h22a's the fastest. Followed by the b18c5. I don't think many have actually been in a h22a swapped hatch. If they had there'd be alot more people wanting to do it. If you see how much wheel spin i had at the track you'd be amazed. And i still hit a 2.1 60 ft!!! Now just think how well this car will take off with slicks!!! I'm thinkin' 1.6's all day long. Of course that's after clutch and flywheel... But still, i haven't even begun to open this thing up and it's already gotten me a 13 sec. time slip off of just 2 runs!!! How tight is that!

"The Weight Thing"... I don't know how your friends car is set up but with GSR suspension, Skunk2 Coilovers and a tanabe front strut bar my car handles better than when i had a b16a in my car. The only problem i have, that i see, would not want to make people daily drive it is that the block is sooooooo long compared to a b-series therefore my header scrapes sometimes. Seriously, i think one ride in a Civilude would change your mind about b-series for good. Don't get me wrong i love b-series but they just don't pull like an h22a...

P.S. I should be hittin' 12's all-motor by May-June with 2 more mods... Clutch/Flywheel and Jun 3 cams... Oki, maybe that's not 2, but still it's not serious mods. It is kinda pricey... Cams and valvetrain is about $1500. The clutch and flywheel will probably be around $700-$800 depending on how well priced the flywheel will be... But that's not even breaking into the block or porting. I'd say that all-motor, this think can hit 11's if it's done right. Now i don't have the money or time to devote myself to a car of that sort so i'm gonna be boosting AGAIN (finally) by Christmas time. Hopefully before then... I'd say that'd be 11's daily driven...

That's how much faith i have in this swap... Just try finding someone to take you for a ride in one.

I say go for it man, TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!