View Single Post
Old 12-18-2004, 04:12 AM   #23
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
my buddy uses autozone rotors on all 4 corners; I have them in the rear, currently. Theyre perfectly fine rotors!
OMG! What a h00t!

To make a long story short - a friend says his brakes are going out - takes forever to stop - afraid he's gonna have an accident. I said, take your ride to Brako and get a free estimate - $800 - needs everything. I say, good thing you aren't a girl - would be $1200...

I tell him, go to Autozone and buy everything they said needs to be replaced, and I'll install them. Autozone charges him $230 - new rotors, new drums, new pads, new shoes, bearings, seals, cylinder kits, blah, blah, blah.

I 'mike' the rotors and drums - never been turned. $40 labor to turn everything at NAPA - still in spec when done. $50 worth of Autozone parts used. Buddy takes the unused parts back to Autozone for refund - total cost 90 bones.

The thing is, I looked at the parts Autozone sold him, and the price[s], and I couldn't believe he got new rotors and drums for the price he did. Almost installed them for the hell of it. What a smoking deal!

Autozone rocks! I bought new pads for my wife's minivan there, last week. Semi-metallic, new not rebuilt, lifetime warranty, for $18.99!!! How the hell do they do it?
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.
BlackDeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote