Thread: Radar Dector
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2003, 02:05 AM   #11
V8killimports

Quote:
Originally posted by PoleMan14
What? my radar detecor cost about $130 and has saved me from a lot of tickets. I don't know where you live but most po po's here don't use laser......there are just a few state troopers, and my radar still picks that up. Also I usually pick up the signal way before they can see me, since the bands bounce off of cars in front of you. Then again you can always just slow down.

Yea.. radar detectors are garbage.. if they "saved" you tickets it is because the cop didn't feel like pulling you over. Only thing they are good for is giving you less or a speeding ticket maybe by allowing you a second to slow down... maybe. But you can save yourself a ticket by using a little common sense. Be aware of your surroundings and what is going on around you. Watch oncoming traffic as well as the traffic you are driving with to see what speed they are driving, and what they are doing. Also a good indication is truckers. They have scanners and know what cops are doing. If they are speeding, most time it is safe.. if they are going the exact speed limit I would not push it.

Radar detectors in the city are definately 100% garbage btw.
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote