View Single Post
Old 10-12-2001, 03:50 PM   #15
JaY D. Em

I read alot of smart things, but i've had the itr manifold and i upgraded to a skunk2 manifold, way different... The skunk2 made my car pull alot better. As far as dyno goes, i got my car dyno'd after i put it on, and never had any previous dyno runs before so i dunno... But i think anyone will tell you that has it, that they're satisfied with it. And as far as bottom ends go, the most reliable bottom end all motor is the b16, arguibly the best b-series motor. Really, it's based on what kinda setup you're lookin' to run. But I've also heard that runnin' the b17 crank in a cr-vtec you'll get close to 1.75 rod/stroke ratio. Never tried it or anything, not too big of a fan of Frankenstiens. But i know for sure that there's guys here in Texas that have been running an ls/vtec setup for 2 years now. Don't think it can run for more than 100,000 miles but they've still got plenty of time left to get their money's worth out that motor. So if ls/vtec is what you want to do, don't let no one tell you it can be run reliably, cause i think 2 years with no major problems is pretty reliable. Just make sure you know what you're doin' when you put it together. And i recommend the skunk2 manifold to anyone. It helps... And don't be like some foolz, I've seen them rollin' around with a nitrous or turbo oil return line. That's so retarded... Just make sure what ever you wanna do is what you're satisfied with for the long run... Dats all.