View Single Post
Old 06-03-2002, 12:35 PM   #9
spoogenet

Took her to the dealership F to have them take a look.....as is always the case when a mechanic looks at the car, she was on good behavior.....despite that it still felt as though it was raking the gears.

So I dropper her off and had them look at her. They call me back and tell me that it feels normal to them and they didn't feel any difference between rolling and not rolling.....I find that hard to believe, or maybe their hands just aren't as sensitive as mine. So I ask them some other questions, such as could there be air in the hydraulic system for the clutch, and they say definitely not or else my problem wouldn't be intermittent.......my problem isn't intermittent, it's only MORE noticeable when the car's cold, but always noticeable.

But he was set on it being intermittent.....so I gave him the exact process that I can go through to always produce what I feel, and asked if they'd try it again. He said no prob. They call me back later, still think it feels like all the other ones they've drive.

I dunno, I'm still convinced it's not normal, especially considering all my other friends with manuals don't experience the same feelings in their transmissions....but I guess BMW and Audi make different trannies than Honda. And they won't let me drive their rides.....

So, I dunno whether to believe them yet or whether to think they're jacking me since it's warranty work....I think I'm gonna go test drive another used one at one of the lots when I find a used '01 LX and see if I notice it in that one. Maybe it's just how the transmission is for the '01 or so and it is normal....or maybe they're jacking me.

I don't know that it definitely is raking, but I think I need more convincing that it's normal.

b