View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 04:15 PM   #1
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Movie Review 3: FFVII Advent Children

100x better than "'Final Fantasy' Spirits Within"
I obtained a japanese language copy of the film through a friend - divx based. It requires a translation/Subtitle program add-in, which works through Win Media player only.

The quality of the character movment in this film is beyond anything Ive seen in CG animation. The characters move exactly like real people (besides the superpower speed and stuff that comes from the genre...) Voices of the characters in Japanese are just how I thought they should be...I wouldnt expect this to be the same in the US...

Storywise, it extends FFVII, just like they said it would. Some of the new characters I didnt care for, but what do you want out of a sequal thats only roughly 90mins, where the original game was over 10hrs of story? - You never seem to care for the new characters either.
There are several twists to the VII story that are unexpected and some things that make you say "Huh? What the hell? Thats silly..."

Music was great - mostly remixes of the OG soundtrack, with a few new things thrown in for good measure.
Sound effects were also top notch - nothing sounds out of place or of poor quality.

Not once did it feel like I was watching a movie based off an rpg thats getting up in yrs (other than character-wise). There were no random battles that werent explained, no endless item searching, no leveling up, nothing crazy like that.
The story is simple, moves from A to B to C and thats about it...you can be as smart as a piece of fruit and get whats going on; though having a mild knowledge of FFVII original storyline would help. (But lets face it, if you didnt play that and love it, why would you even bother watching a movie based as its sequal?)

If you liked FFVII, you have to see this. There were parts that I, a devoted FFVII fan didnt like, but still liked it a lot anyway.
If you didnt like FFVII, I guess you wouldnt like it nearly as much, but maybe you should see it for the CG quality.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote