View Single Post
Old 10-30-2002, 02:52 PM   #78
FAST97WS6

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife
omfg teggy! DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOT ONLY THAT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR R . I . C . E. motors FROM THE FACTORY COME WITH PERFORMANCE (hp wise) IN MIND????? V-8's ARE SLAPPED TOGETHER HIGHLY DETUNED FROM THE FACTORY!

TRY DO MAKE AN ALL MOTOR s2000 MOTOR I DARE YOU YOU CAN ONLY GET AS FAR A INTAKE EXHAUST IGNITION AND PULLIES i.e about 270hp AT THE MOTOR, mustangs come 225 stock (the ones that are GOOD anyway) and can be made to accept 373 hp normally aspirated and under 5K worth of work, or my setup for about 280hp motor for 500 bucks....
PLUS I DONT HAVE TO BRING MY CAR TO 5.6THOUSANDS RPM's to drive around town from lack of low end torque
god your ignorant. HP PER LITER HP PER LITER! btw HP for ford in the cobra supercharged jumped from 320to 390 not 260 to 390 because the its not the SAME 4.6L engine as you said, its a tuned version with the replacement of the heads for a DOHC instead of sohc. GAINS ARENT THAT NOMINAL BECAUSE YET AGAIN ITS MADE FROM THE FACTORY WITHOUT THE TUNING THAT HONDA DOES FROM THE FACTORY, THEY GO FREAKING NUTS TO GET hp numbers, ford doesnt plus the aftermarket potential is CHeaper than honda, more potent, and MUCH more vast, BUT THE ENTRANCE LEVEL price is higher IF we talking new cars/=.

ok i don't know if some one already mentioned this, but he has a point, not sure if you guys knew this, but the NEW, and OLDER, LS-1's and LT-1s from GM, in all Z28s, SS's, TAs, Firehawks, Formulas, the motors are not tunned all the way if that makes sence, there tunned, but they are DETUNED on purpose, you wann know why, look at a new C5 and a stock Z28........ok C5 is about 40-45K, new Z28 23-28K, if they did not dentune, the Z28 motor, you'd have stock Z28's beating C5's all day long, and so why would some one by a C5 when for alot cheaper you could by the same thing.....look at CRANK HP, Z28 puts out like is rated at 305( no weight of car invovled) look at a C5 ..345???? BOTH A STOCK LS1.....same motor, 346cid! a SS, WS6 is tunned more, plus ram air, and a few little things differnet they put out 325....so i don't know if that makes any point, i was just backing up what he said!