View Single Post
Old 02-20-2005, 06:18 PM   #1
JDMFantasy2k

Nice trip to work

On the way up to work i come across two cars. One was a saturn 4 door, maybe 97 ish, with an exhaust. The other was an integra GSR that looked like the owner had driven it out of the junkyard, and brought it on the highway. It too was probably around a 97 ish, had a shit bodykit, and not a nice fleck of paint on it. Well i knew the GSR would rock my socks, but i figured i would be able to give the saturn a good run.

The scene: Me and the GSR are accelerating and slowing down, just fucking around. Once we crest the hill i slam 3rd and give it my all, he pulls on me as expected but only by about 1 car and i was able to hold it. I assumed that he had let up or something, unless that car really was in that poor of condition. Next we cruz and the saturn takes the lead, once we reach the 3 lanes of 290 i pull up to him. We're cruzing at 80, so 3rd gear is out of the question, which puts me at a disadvantage. We check, coast clear, drop. 80 MPH, 4th gear. So we're dead even accelerating to about 85, he starts edging foreward by a half car. The rice rocket, not about to be hummiliated by a saturn, hits VTEC at 105 and pulls even, and then ahead. If only there was a picture of my smile when that green light kicked in. At that very minute the kid in the saturn probably shit his pants when he saw the significant distance i had recovered, and threw back at him. After that i didn't look back, i was winning. Consequently, i missed my exit. But i still made it to work on time