Thread: dynomat
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 12:01 PM   #4
blind34_1

i removed the whole dash; driver side to passenger. gauge cluster, climate controls, stereo, etc. all that stuff comes out, usually in one piece (glovebox is removable).

From there all you have in front of you is what looks like a fire resistant material, and is carpet like underneath a layer of thin cloth material. probably designed to help stop rattles and provide additional protection in the event of a fire.

From there i cut my pieces of rubbery foam into shapes similar to what was already there. I used double sided tape and stuck my foam cutouts to cover all the old stuff.

I reinstalled the dash, and because of the extra layer of padding between it and what the dash originally had, it was pretty quiet.

pullin/reinstallin the dash is no easy chore. i broke a few things, and im sure i lost a few screws, but other than that it went well. I think the chiltons manual shows where all the screws are. DON'T get frustrated and start busting climate control shit. Its all plastic levers and rods, and you've got to be careful when trying to remove them.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote