View Single Post
Old 03-24-2003, 04:21 PM   #215
DsBlu01CivEX

Ok...so I got to the end of page 8 and I had to stop reading. We're never all gonna agree about this topic...but as "Americans" we should ALL be supporting our troops that are fighting in Iraq. I'm not a huge fan of war or fighting and think that things should be handled in a diplomatic fashion at all costs ("war" should be an absolute last option). The US put Saddam in power and he turned into an oppressive dictator...we are now trying to "fix" that by our creatively named "Operation Iraqi Freedom". Notice I DIDN'T call it a war. That is not "officially" what it is. Bush NEVER once said in his address to the nation that he was declaring war on Iraq. So what is currently going on in Iraq is NOT a war...I repeat NOT A WAR. So...I really wish everyone would stop calling it a war and call it what it really is...."a liberating of the Iraqi people"

I'm the first one that wants Saddam out of power (and a few choice others mentioned previously that I won't go into) but my question is....do the Iraqi citizens really want to be "liberated" by the Americans? From what I understand...I highly doubt it.

*oh and just a side note....NO one in this thread has a right to get on another person's @ss for spelling errors.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote