View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 05:58 PM   #1
Eric91Z

Aftermarket Brake Options

Well, after doing some searching and contact with different manufacturers and searching different forums for aftermarket brakes for my '92 Accord EX, I have found a couple of things:

1) Only big brake kit I found offered is the AEM one, which requires bigger wheels and still uses the stock calipers. Also, this "kit" has not gotten very good reviews.

2) Most people seem happy with new rotors (Brembo blanks or similiar) and upgraded pads.

Well, that was not good enough for me. I had sent emails to lots of companies and only got one reply that could help me. One of the tech people from Wilwood sent me the name and phone number of a company that is a Wilwood distributor and who does one off kits. Now, I sent an email to them late last night and got a response this morning. Then I have sent a few more emails with very prompt responses.

Anyway, they can and will put together a front brake kit using Wilwood parts. The whole kit, for my application, would be 11" rotors (1-piece or 2-piece), 4-piston calipers, pads, and all hardware. Now, you can get bigger rotors, but I wanted something that would be better than stock, but still fit the stock 15" wheels since I plan on keeping those for winter driving (this is a daily driver after all). And they say I will get better braking performance than with stock sized hardware.

So, now I know where to go and I just wanted to share this place with anyone else looking for something more than stock and that actually works, unlike some of the reports on the AEM Big Brake kit.

The name of the company is Precision Brake Company. Their website is:

www.precisionbrakescompany.com

While they do not list any applications for Hondas, send them an email and they can put together just about anything you could want. The person there I have been sharing emails with is Dan Harper.

Just wanted to put another option out there for people that might be looking. I have no association with them, or any other company, but I know I have never found what I wanted for brakes before getting in touch with them. He was even kind enough to send me pictures of what the kit would look like and is sending a template to use on my stock wheels to make sure there is enough clearance.

Good luck and have a nice day.