View Single Post
Old 01-30-2004, 05:43 PM   #35
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by cashizslick
I would like to raise the question of reliability and streetability. A Turbo Dseries car that makes 300whp will be fast yes, but it will not be a streetable car, thus taking the whole daily driver aspect away from it.
It will guzzle mad gas, have insane turbo lag, and be impossible to drive in the wintertime (if you live where i do - yeah NE!).

Now consider this. If i decided to put juice on my car (wet kit of coures - thanks OC), i would be able to make much more power than a Dseries that is boosting on stock internals, and my car would still be a great daily driver which is capable of running 13's.

I would take functionality and reliability over cheap power any day - even if it does cost a lil more.

It seems i have to repeat myself. Nobody is considering the reliability/streetability/functionality issue here.

A Bseries that makes 300whp is gonna be more reliable than a D that makes 300hp. The D is working harder to make the same ammount of power.

Granted, 300 hp is still 300 hp, but when the D has a turbo setup that doesnt hit full boost till 4800rpms and low compression, it wont perform as well as a B16 with a smaller turbo/higher compression setup that makes the same amount of power.

In this case, the B will be a better street car and it could easily be tuned to beat the D at the track (i.e. it would be easier to get more than 300hp).

If the setups yeild the same final power, the car with the B will still be a better car.

Oh ya, and since you can make more power overall with a B, you can also have a system and any other rice you want on ur car.