View Single Post
Old 01-30-2004, 04:47 PM   #26
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

the reliability issue can go any which way. Yes, i was unfortunate enough to get a POS from Hmotors, cause steve is a douche. Not only did i have a bad rod/bearing/what have you, he sent me shitty mounts that fell apart instantly, and forgot to send the bolts.

BUT the majority of swaps are indeed low mileage. It is a gamble. but also consider the technical aspects. Swapping in a motor is relatively easy on the scale of automotive know how. I mean hell, id never touched a motor in my life and i got it done alone with almost no help, except guys like P and Cash.

Now to do the boosted D route, which is indeed powerful, one must know how to rebuild a motor, no ?. I mean, yes i have to do it, and its not that hard for someone who is technically inclined to get through it, but rebuilding leaves a lot of room for a lot of errors. Everything must be PERFECT or youll cause all hell to break looose. And thats just inside the motor. Then you gotta get it dyno tuned, etc etc. Some people might just want something drop in, like me.

I honestly dont hate D's really, when theyre done right. But to do so, you gotta have a good D, and mine finally lost its last leg.