View Single Post
Old 01-30-2004, 04:24 PM   #21
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

No, it isnt illogicial (and my bad for misunderstanding which thing you were referring to - b18 or d series)

I never really said that .2L and 8hp is a big deal....well, in the honda world it tends to be... I was just making a point for the hell of it. Anyways - D vs B

Alright, lets take the issue of cost a little further. You buy a b16...you blow it (chad)...now what? You just spent 2 grand and now you need a new short block. Thats gonna run you another couple hundered at least (what was it chad? $200 something? for your new shortblock?), and thats pretty cheap. If you take the same exact scenario...hell a whole motor AND trans, off a D and kill it, then you can buy a d16z6 for the price of that b16 shortblock! Dont even get me started on the cost of B series heads...wow is that over priced.
But then again, if you built the D right, with correct sleeves and what not, it shouldnt blow under the load that you put on it (as long as you use 1/2 a brain and dont throw ungodly amounts of boost at it). Thats what building does...

Back to what we really need though... A d16 motor, slightly built, and with the right turbo could very, very easily see 250+ whp (even with a small turbo like a greddy kit's 15g), no problem-o...and it would definately be streetable. Once again back to price...it'd probaby cost around the same as a b16.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote