Thread: Z28 and New Si
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2002, 01:12 AM   #27
Parked

Quote:
could have been a kid in a auto not knowing how to drive for hell, then he lines up on the SI with a REALLY good driver who pulls .5 reactions and awsome 60 fts.

If it was stick fine .. hed have to be VERY bad at it...
I drive an Auto, they're incredible off the line... they chirp 1-2 every time on WOT from a stock config. This isn't magazine racing, integras off the line vs a Z28 (I own a 95) are simply eaten up by one.. not just "bad" but "really bad". You just can't beat one unless his tires are spinning for a good 3 seconds at launch..
INtegra GS- (off some webpage-sure call it magazine racing)
0-30mph: 3.0 seconds
0-40: 4.7
0-50: 6.6
0-60: 9.4
0-70: 12.1
0-80: 16.5
0-90: 21.0
1/4 mile: 16.6 @ 83.5 mph
Top Speed: 130 mph

I'm sorry but thats not even CLOSE to 4th gen, even if he traps 15 in the quarter and goes 0-60 in a MODEST 7 seconds, at the end of a quarter mile, even if you ****ed up the start royally, at the end of a quarter mile a "stock" Z will be going almost 100mph at the trap. Thats 15mph+ difference!
I don't know how you can fend a post out of wack as this one is ... at least help the guy out and realise that its FAR more likely that it was a fake Z28 badge, not even a race, or some messed up Z, rather than a REALLY REALLY bad driver.

Quote:
Then the CAMARO actually did the ricer fly-by when I turned off to go work

Turning off to go to work generally means your taking an offramp/turn and need to slow down. Therefore cars around you "pass" you. Athough to the untrained eye it may appear as a flyby at first

Edit: haha doesnt this one just remind you of gimpy from UNdergrads? -->