View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 12:02 PM   #5
thermal
Banning Machine

More boost does not necessarily mean more power. With low compression pistons plus thicker head gasket, you will end even lower than 8.5:1. If you do this, that tiny 1.6 SOHC will have close to no power on the low RPMs, unless you rev it up which puts more wear on your motor. Please listen to me. Do not believe the hype of low compression plus higher boost = safer. It is all about fuel management and tuning. I've build a couple of D-series turbos before. With stock Y8 compression, stock internals, Trust TD04h-19t turbo, and Hondata S200b, we made well over 220 whp at 9 psi.

My suggestion is that you keep those aftermarket pistons, use stock thickness headgasket, "mill" the head, and target a compression of 9.1 to 9.5:1. This will give you a little bit more compression and prevent the ADIABATIC stage of your turbo. T3 is small turbo. You will most likely reach it peak efficiency by 230-250 whp. If you stick with too low of a compression, this will only mean that your T3 will peak even sooner to gain a decent power band........

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote