View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 05:57 PM   #3
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorelinio
...... Ohhh and i buy pistons nippon racing with low comp. 8,8:1 but pistons doesn't fit to rods becouse the rod is bigger to the end (where rings in), with one or two mm.I think pistons are made to stock rods. And one more question how much hp i can hold stock rods with these pistons?
Please tell me what can i do in my example. THANKS
First off, like what JDM stated above, do NOT use aftermarket pistons on stock rods. That is just non-sense. D-series rods are very skinny. It is pointless to upgrade the pistons and leave the rods stock. Which is the very reason why the aftermarket pistons are not fitting on the stock rods. I suggest that you call the place you bought the pistons from and ask to get the aftermarket rods that will fit to those pistons.

Why did you get such a low compression pistons? I think that you should've stayed around 9.1-9.5:1 compression. If you were trying to make torque to compromise your choice of those low compression pistons, then you are sadly mistaken. The stroke on D-series motors are long, which will already give you the torque that you might be wanting.

Not trying to flame you man. Just stating some of your options and solutions. Goodluck with the project and keep us posted bro.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote