View Single Post
Old 02-12-2004, 04:09 PM   #50
HondaGUY2005

Re: When will you import kids learn?

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
It's sad sometimes...it's really is. I was at the grocery store last night picking some stuff up and while I'm unlocking my car this hispanic kid comes up to me with his girl and starts in with the "nice car" thing (you know...the kind where ya know he's trying to be sarcastic and doing a shitty job). So he asks me if I wanna line up. I asked to see his car. A Civic Si with coffe can muffler, park bench wing, wheels, and not much else. He popped his hood and nothing special jumped out. No N2O, no turbo, just a cold air kit. So I led him back over to my car and popped my hood. Now it's a little hard to see the turbo at night so I grabbed my flashlight and pointed it out. I asked him if he still wanted to race. He still insisted he'd kick my ass. so we lined up (groceries and all) and I kindly handed him his ass. Then he complained about the launch he got, so I figure ok, I'll give you a head start. He floors it and as soon as he hooks I gave him two seconds and, in another 5 seconds, I was flying by him and still in second gear. Then we wants to go from a roll (there's no pleasing some people). So from 60-100 there was around 3 buslengths between us...and I was trying to be nice and only go about 3/4 throttle. It's one thing to have pride in your car but it's another to dig yourself a hole there's no way you're getting out of.

yea, this might have been resolved on this thread already cause i don't know since i hav't read the whole thread...but i jsut gotta say that the title is really stupid, like, wtf were you thinking? do you think that all import people are this way? yea, this is the way people who buy there cars already suped up are, but fuk dude...we're not kids either. My friend with his b18c1 in a CRX with headers and exhaust handed it to a 2003 z28 camero. the guy keeps on insisting that his rear end is broken or some shit...infact its kinda imature to call import people kids...we have the harder project...to make a 4 cylander run the same times if not faster ones than v8's...when will you domestic kids learn that 4 more cyladners doens't fix everything?