View Single Post
Old 10-13-2001, 04:30 AM   #2
Big James

OK, I don't know if I can answer all of your questions, but I will try.

i am gonna start with the 1.5L block and head. how big can i go with that. i plan to stroke and bore it. i am guessing about 1.8L.
About 1.8 is right.

then what is the highest compresion i can use if i am running 92 octane?
I would not go any higher than 11.5:1 A friend of mine had over 12:1 on his 1.5 that was stroked, and he kept hammering out bearings, and even snapped a crower rod.

now the weird part. is there a power limit for v-tec. what i am saying is if you star making a lot of power is the v-tec still any good. i have heard that big power makers dont use it.
Big power makers who have Turbos tend to stay away from it. VTEC works fine on an allmotor setup. I would recommend keeping it.

i am most likely going all motor. if v-tec is still good to use with a lot of power can it be used w/o fuel injection?
It will still work, I just do not know how easy it will be to tune.

will a v-tec controller make it work if there is no ecu? i plan to use carburators instead of fuel injection.
A VTEC controller can be used, but I am not sure on the wiring. The easiest way to do it is with a MSD RPM switch.

i know u dont want to hear this but i am a muscle car guy building a honda. and i want to do something diferant.
That's cool. I am a muscle car fan myself. Actually, I love damn near all cars if you can make them go fast.

i dont want to be just I/E/H. thats no fun to me. also i am one of those close minded no boost people. i want to beat everyone with just my motor.
FEAR THE BOOST!

sorry for having no order to my post, just kinda typing my thoughts as they come. thanks in advance for any info.
No problem, hoped it helped.

oh yea i think i read somewhere that a block guard wil make a little more power?, let me know if thats true. thanks again.
No. It will help your block handle more power though.