View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 08:03 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40FIED
2. It's unfair for gun control retards to point at this like it's some sort of proof that they were right about...well...do they ever have a point? I'm a fan of the 2nd Amendment. I think everyone should be allowed to protect themselves. I still think that if you really believe you need an AR-15 to go deer hunting you're full of shit and probably suck at hunting something aweful, but the 2nd Amendment is pretty much an all or nothing proposition. Short of giving psych tests to anyone who buys a gun (so impractical I don't even know where to start), there's not much you can do to keep guns away from the few crazies who use them to do harm and ensure they only get into the hands of responsible owners. Getting rid of guns altogether means that the only people who have guns are criminals and I think we can all agree that's not an attractive idea.

It's more difficult to hunt a deer with an AR15 with a .223 round then it is a .30-.06 Remington 700. Sure if you are packing a 30rd clip you've got more chances of killing it, but it's you're sporting a 5rd clip you better be a damn good shot. Of course the second Amendment doesn't protect hunters, it protects US citizens. There are plenty of competitions (matches) for AR15 out there, they are just a lot of fun to shoot.

A "Gun Free Zone" is one of the most ridiculous ideas EVER! It's an open invitation to criminals that says, "Come rob/shoot us, we are unarmed."

But yes, you are correct Steve.

Last edited by Racing Rice : 04-23-2007 at 08:08 AM.
Racing Rice is offline   Reply With Quote