View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004, 02:57 PM   #34
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by mechanic
I guess you guess are right I'm going to guy by a 300zx that runs 15's and burn my camaro that runs low 10's in the qaurter fuckin idiots

hey i have an idea... lets take a car thats designed to run 320hp, and give the times that the 200hp version runs, then compair it to a highly modded v8.

why dont we take a supra(i'd use a skyline since it would be even more a point, however since they arnt avalible in america i will make this a legitement comparison and use cars in the same class that are avalible in america), it runs high 13's to low 14's stock. then before we do any serious modifications, lets free up all the restirctions that are there from the factory to keep it within the gentamlens agreement japan had. ok now we have a solid 13 second supra. then after doing enough modifications to get it to the exact time your car runs. why dont we go down to the local autoX track and see who wins, then we'll do a high speed run, then we can do a brake test, then run it on the skid pad. i wonder who will come out on top? before you even say well i upgraded this and that, if you did it, so can the supra, and trust me the supra will come out on top. im not trying to be a dick, honestly i really like classic muscle cars, and i do plan on building one, but its when someone as thick headed as you comes here and bashes the shit out of hondas by compairing a cars that are not even in the same class, it really highlights why some domestic owners give everyone a bad rap. you would be supprised at how much some of us do know about cars, and how not all of us are little rice burners who think their civic is going to beat everything on the road. i didnt catagorize you as a coors drinkin, wife beater wearing, home depot workin hick, so if you want to continue to post here, i would sugest you not bash people based on sterio-types that do not hold ANY water.

oh and your hopeless person who needs to take it to a shop or whatever you said... so your saying you can do EVERYTHING on your car? you have every specialized tool, you can rebuild vital engine parts that have no room for error.. you can reprogram everything electrical in your car if something goes hay-wire. i agree if your gonna own a car that you want to "tune" you need to have at the very least a general grasp on basic mechanics, however im not going to learn how to port and polish my engine to gain every avalible hp out of it when i can pay someone who has many many motors of experience to do it right, the first time.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote