Thread: 150.3db
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2003, 08:36 AM   #21
GSteg

i don't know...i do i know anything about electronics? i'll let the other guys decide on that....

if you have read carefully..i didn't say the PA amp will do its rated power. i said it will put out "X" amount of power regardless of what its rated at. it will put something out for sure, let it be 100 watts or 500 watts. its going to put out something. i'm not comparing RATED power, i'm talking about BENCHED power. one amp that truely does 400 watts will have more power than an amp that does 300 watts regardless what brand it is. again, BENCHED power, not rated power.

my point was that brand does not matter as far as power output after it has been benched. the one that benched high will have more power, even if its a pyramid amp having more power than and MTX amp. so i was arguing with " Let's hook those sub's up to a Zapco or soundsteam amp and see how good they hold up". thats a very ambiguous statement.

they is someone that hitted 164db in the 0-150 watts class? i'm willing to bet that person is using a cheater amp, found commonly in those lower classes.

if my statement is false, then yours is too. just because one amp that is high quality like zapco doesn't mean its gonna put more power out than any other PA amps and such.