View Single Post
Old 03-05-2003, 10:53 PM   #58
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Redman
See dude this is what I mean don't talk crap when you don't know the facts, the stock ECU for the 88-92 Mazda MX6 GT is programmed to map the fuel curve up to 12 PSI, I know you didn't know that, but that's my point you are here to bash everyone who isn't MUSTANG.

And for your information I do have an ECU upgrade that also cost me $60, what does it do? Well it makes the car idle better, it get rid of the flat spot on the fuel map, it takes away boost cut and fuel cut, and it remaps the fuel curve all the way up to 20PSI.

So you upgraded your ecu, eh? i knew there was another factor involved, and no i didnt know the ecu mapped the fuel curves to 12psi but i knew to be able to RUN your car hard without causing a lean condition that would sieze the motor up there had to BE SOMETHING DONE. and how does that prove im here to bash everything non mustang?

Quote:
Now onto another lesson, the MX6 GT cannot exceed 16PSI without upgrading the fuel pump, the injectors and adding a FPR (fuel pressure regulator). This you were sort of correct on, but not really.

Now I bet your asking, "Ok so when you upgrade the turbo and want to boost beyond 16PSI, what do you do?"

Well jerky, Jay B from Maxx-Motorsports.com offers a wide variety of ECU upgrades, from 440cc supra injector programmed chips, to 650cc.

actually you only REALLY NEED bigger injectors when you surpass a certain amount of hp, but im sure you knew that.

Quote:
And stop sending me PMs... it's frightening to say the least

P.S I am running a dual stage TurboXS boost controller, with settings of 12PSI and 16PSI, my A/F guage says it's A-Okay, and you're saying I can't run that high of boost on a stock car? You, my friend have a lot to learn.

oh shit my bust! your a/f guage says its A-Okay! ROFLMFAO you can run rich all you want but you can only run truely lean once, just thought id let you know.

Quote:
I suggest you go read up, as I said in my previous post about our cars before spouting off and trying to look cool infront of the Honda dominant crowd. I guess you must of not drove your mommy's probe to often, eh?

This is also my last post, so please again stop the PMs, just stop replying, accept defeat in its' rawest form, you didn't know anything about the MX6, but decided to voice your insufficent opinion and all your inaccurate facts.

BTW I must say, 16.0? Some stock guys have ran 15.3-15.7 bone-dry stock. Little off topic, but god man, you really don't know jack crap.

actually i really dont care for mx-6's and i know all i NEED to know about them, and if i screw up factually im sure you would let me know i drove my moms probe all the time, still didnt make it any quicker. i will accept defeat if you can tell me what the hell it is you defeated me in.

and i must say you did get me wrong on the 16.0 part, i didnt know they ran that 'quick' stock. i just based my statement on watching countless modded ones at the track not breaking 16's and a couple i street raced and how i walked on them. this one i raced at a stoplight i can tell you for sure (on halloween night actually i posted the kill here) i dont know what he had aside from a monster tach w/ shift light but when we left i left slowly and once i saw the light blip i knew he was going for it and left him. ive had a harder time leaving some of my freinds stock beaters (i.e. 16-17 second cars) than that car.

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife

Last edited by ford50forlife : 03-05-2003 at 11:20 PM.